Welcome to my StarCraft blog! Here you can find casual and family-friendly posts and videos about my experiences and thoughts regarding the captivating world of competitive StarCraft 2 - as well as my adventures as a gamer dad!

Monday, December 12, 2011

A Little Rusty

I played 2 ladder games tonight, and as expected, lost both. Interestingly, both were against fairly highly ranked Silver league players, rank 17 and 18 in their divisions.

The first was a Terran vs. Terran on a larger map, Tal'darim Altar LE, and was a long game! After watching the replay (in 8x speed), it was obvious I was far behind by the 12 minute mark.

I'm clearly out of practice - especially with continuing to make workers. Perhaps fast-expanding wasn't such a good idea for someone who hadn't played competitively in almost a month!

The second was a fast Protoss vs. Terran on Shattered Temple. The game finished within 10 minutes. Not much to comment on there - he built a bunch of guys and I didn't :(

I wasn't playing with my nice high-resolution mouse - so perhaps I can blame it on that ;-)

It'll be an interesting week of games - perhaps by the end of it my match-making rating (MMR) and my skill can meet in the middle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Constructive and encouraging words are welcome :) Trolling and elitist attitudes are not!

NOTE: If you are having problems with posting a comment, hit "Preview" instead of "Post Comment". I have "word verification" turned on to reduce spam comments, and in some cases, you will have to hit "Preview" to see this verification step. Thanks!