Welcome to my StarCraft blog! Here you can find casual and family-friendly posts and videos about my experiences and thoughts regarding the captivating world of competitive StarCraft 2 - as well as my adventures as a gamer dad!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Sprinting to the End of Season 2!

It's been a while since my last post, and you're probably wondering, "Did he ever make it to the Top 25?"

Well, you'll find out ;-)

That evening after my last post, I played 2 games:

ResultPlayer's RacePlayer's LeagueMap
WinZergGoldTal'darim Altar LE
LossProtossSilverXel'Naga Caverns

So I ended the night at rank 29 with 209 rank points.
"djer" was rank 25 in my division with 266 points, so I needed at least 267 points to push him down to rank 26.

The next morning I played 2 games before leaving for work:

ResultPlayer's RacePlayer's LeagueMapNotes
LossTerranSilverMetalopolis
LossTerranBronzeShakuras Plateautop in his division

So I was back to where I was after my last post: Rank 30, with one less point at 188 rank points!

And I only had the evening to play before the end of the season!

So that night, I put my baby boy to bed, did my Jillian Michaels workout (priorities first after all!), and told my wife my only plan for the evening was to play SC2 - and I started playing...

ResultPlayer's RacePlayer's LeagueMapNotes
LossTerranSilverTyphon Peaksdoh! 4 game losing streak!
WinTerranBronzeDelta Quadrant
LossProtossBronzeScrap Station
WinTerranBronzeScrap Station
WinProtossSilverDelta Quadrant
LossTerranBronzeXel'Naga Caverns
WinZergSilverTal'darim Altar LE

At this point, I was rank 26 with 262 points - I only needed 5 points to beat "djer"!

ResultPlayer's RacePlayer's LeagueMapNotes
LossTerranBronzeDelta QuadrantNooooo!!!!

So now it's just before midnight, and I was at rank 27 with 252 rank points.

I needed 15 points to get ahead of "djer", and push him out of the rank 25 spot. A single win would do it.

My wife was working on a project, putting up a bunch of photos over our fireplace. So I was given the go ahead for one more game...

Here's a videocast of my final game of Season 2 - enjoy!



Like that ending graphic? I thought it might be a nice touch. Wondering how I did it? Don't worry - at some point I'll add a section to my "How I make SC2 Videos" page describing how I did this :-)

Update 11/1/2011: I updated the video to point to my new YouTube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Constructive and encouraging words are welcome :) Trolling and elitist attitudes are not!

NOTE: If you are having problems with posting a comment, hit "Preview" instead of "Post Comment". I have "word verification" turned on to reduce spam comments, and in some cases, you will have to hit "Preview" to see this verification step. Thanks!