Welcome to my StarCraft blog! Here you can find casual and family-friendly posts and videos about my experiences and thoughts regarding the captivating world of competitive StarCraft 2 - as well as my adventures as a gamer dad!

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Season 3: New Season's Resolutions

So here I am, with Season 2 behind me, and Season 3 ahead. Sounds like a great time for some resolutions, right?

#1 Play more StarCraft 2!

Kind of an obvious one :) Although I'm definitely a spectator (I even listen to pro games while I exercise!), I'm a player at heart, and love the sportsmanship, the excitement of competition, and the character building of skill improvement. That, and I'll never go pro unless I practice ;-)

#2 Blog more often, a few times a week or so.

This last season I was figuring out various technical aspects of making videos and getting over those "Never posted publicly on the Internet" jitters. Now I'm ready to rock-and-roll!

#3 Continue to cast games.

Casting games is fun! I really enjoyed making the casts I've posted so far, and want to do more this next season. I'd also like to cast some games of other people - it'd be fun to not know the outcome of the game while I cast it, and it does weird me out a bit to refer to myself in the third-person... Of course it would be even better to co-cast with a friend if anyone's interested!

#4 Start "StarClass" - a series of posts for those new to SC2 multiplayer and the competitive scene.

Most of my friends and family are not avid SC2 fans - yet! As with any sport or game, I think the more you understand it, the more interesting it is to watch, read about, and cheer on those you know who are competitors. I know that you can learn a lot about something by teaching it. So I figure I can kill two birds with one stone: help people learn more about StarCraft 2 and become an expert - all at the same time!

I think that's a pretty good set of SC2-related goals. Of course, for a more complete personal list, I would include:

Exercise and lose weight.
Read more to my kids.
Do more movie nights with my wife.
And can't forget - play more XBox360 and PS3 :)

Well, that should do it. Happy New Season!

And for those of you joining me on the Blizzard ladder this season - any new season's resolutions for you?

2 comments:

  1. I love you! Good job on the blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks darling! I love you too! And great job on your blog too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Constructive and encouraging words are welcome :) Trolling and elitist attitudes are not!

NOTE: If you are having problems with posting a comment, hit "Preview" instead of "Post Comment". I have "word verification" turned on to reduce spam comments, and in some cases, you will have to hit "Preview" to see this verification step. Thanks!