Welcome to my StarCraft blog! Here you can find casual and family-friendly posts and videos about my experiences and thoughts regarding the captivating world of competitive StarCraft 2 - as well as my adventures as a gamer dad!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Season 2 is Ending?

Yup, you guessed it - the urgent news I heard last night was the impending end of the second season of the Blizzard online ladder.

Before vacuuming our family room last night, I was listening to an episode of StarCast (an SC2 podcast) that was 4 days old and found out to my surprise not only was Season 2 ending, but the leagues and divisions had been locked since July 5th! for the last week! (Guess that's what I get for listening to old podcasts?)

So two months after Season 2 started, I qualified for 1v1, and now, two months after that, I haven't played my first regular ladder game, and the season is already locked!

The lock lasts until the end of Season 2 on Tuesday July 26, during the morning maintenance.

So until then, players can't be promoted or demoted out of their current league or division.  So no matter how I do over the next 12 days, for Season 2, I'll finish in Silver league!

After hearing that podcast, for some reason I thought the season ended July 19 (next Tues) so I decided last night to make an effort to play over the next 5 days and see how high I could get in my division.  Of course now after re-reading the official post (here), I see that I now have 12 days - so I've some more time :-)

How high do you think I can get? Last season I made it to Rank 12 in my Bronze division... (heh, over the course of several months!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Constructive and encouraging words are welcome :) Trolling and elitist attitudes are not!

NOTE: If you are having problems with posting a comment, hit "Preview" instead of "Post Comment". I have "word verification" turned on to reduce spam comments, and in some cases, you will have to hit "Preview" to see this verification step. Thanks!