Welcome to my StarCraft blog! Here you can find casual and family-friendly posts and videos about my experiences and thoughts regarding the captivating world of competitive StarCraft 2 - as well as my adventures as a gamer dad!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Going For A Third

I've been meaning to post this several weeks ago, but as you'll see, life has been very busy for me this last month ;-)

From the title, you might think this post will be about when to pursue a third base in a game of competitive StarCraft 2.

And indeed, below is a screenshot of a third base being built in a game I played late last night against the computer on Very Hard difficulty.

But upon closer inspection, you'll notice that the Nexus is almost halfway complete - 437 of 1000 hit points to be exact.

437 of 1000 is equivalent to 17.5 of 40...

Now change the unit of measurement from hit points to weeks...

And you guessed it - I am very pleased to share with my SC2 friends that my wife and I are expecting our third child!

The baby's due date is October 5th, and today we are at about 17.5 weeks (out of 40). The baby was at 13 weeks in this ultrasound and next week, we'll be finding out whether the baby is a boy or girl!

We shared the good news with our families and close friends at the beginning of the month, and the rest of the month has been a whirlwind of activity!

From filing last minute taxes to taking both kids to a Cars-themed birthday party (by myself! 2 vs 1!) to baby appointments to burrito/wings eating contests to My Little Pony (Friendship is Magic!) to iPhones to breaking and replacing a CPU fan to buying and building Ikea furniture, life has been packed this month!

Needless to say, I now have a massive blog post backlog - including many, many thoughts on SC2 and eSports - so be prepared for some serious blogging - (and cross fingers!) some video casting :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the baby! Hopefully you'll have time to post more often, and good luck with those third bases ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ethereal! I have considered going for a third base in every match I play in Season 7 in celebration of the news - doing that as Protoss could make for some interesting games... I've always wondered if you could use warp gates in a similar way that zerg uses larvae.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Constructive and encouraging words are welcome :) Trolling and elitist attitudes are not!

NOTE: If you are having problems with posting a comment, hit "Preview" instead of "Post Comment". I have "word verification" turned on to reduce spam comments, and in some cases, you will have to hit "Preview" to see this verification step. Thanks!