Welcome to my StarCraft blog! Here you can find casual and family-friendly posts and videos about my experiences and thoughts regarding the captivating world of competitive StarCraft 2 - as well as my adventures as a gamer dad!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Back in Business!

Well, after some testing, I confirmed that the microphone on my headset is completely dead - I'm pretty sure it was the cord being rolled over by the office chair too many times.

I tried using our webcam to cast, but besides picking up everything else in the room (including whatever show my wife was watching on Netflix), it also over-emphasized my S's when used with Fraps. I could try to use Audacity to edit the audio after recording - but I didn't want to add more time to my video production process.

So I started looking for a new headset.

After some online research and a personal recommendation from CmdrTallon, I settled on a Tritton AX180 headset. It's "universal" and will work with my PC, XB360 and PS3.

There have been reports of it breaking above the earphones, so I'm eager to cast a lot over the next few weeks - hopefully if it's going to break, it'll happen before my return period ends.

I've only had it a couple of days now and it seems to work well - I'm so excited to get back into the casting seat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Constructive and encouraging words are welcome :) Trolling and elitist attitudes are not!

NOTE: If you are having problems with posting a comment, hit "Preview" instead of "Post Comment". I have "word verification" turned on to reduce spam comments, and in some cases, you will have to hit "Preview" to see this verification step. Thanks!