Welcome to my StarCraft blog! Here you can find casual and family-friendly posts and videos about my experiences and thoughts regarding the captivating world of competitive StarCraft 2 - as well as my adventures as a gamer dad!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

YouTube Fail, Dealing with Frustration

Had all gone well, this post would have been a videocast of my latest adventure in Terran vs. Protoss.

But when I got up this morning to check on my upload to YouTube, it said the video was done uploading and was processing. Given that I started the upload at midnight, I figured that the little web app thingy was just out of sync.

So I clicked on a link to view my uploads - and the video was not there.

Soon after, my daughter, Maddie, started cranking up in her room - apparently the PJs on her Hello Kitty doll don't fit on Elmo.

After trying to explain this, and putting the PJs on her monkey stuffed animal (named "Addie"), she was not satisfied. So we went downstairs and found some doll clothes that fit Elmo.

It wasn't long before she was cranking again, this time because Elmo and Addie wouldn't both fit in her play carseat. After some negotiating, it was decided that Elmo needed a break - so he went into the basement, where naughty toys go (toys Maddie can't handle). After the initial outburst when she fully realized what had happened, she calmed down.

So I made some noodles for breakfast and Maddie, as usual, asked for some. So I told her to get a bowl. But as my wife had caught up on dishes the previous day, the little drawer for kids' bowls was overstuffed and Maddie was struggling with it. She started cranking again.

At this point my wife was up and promptly put my cranky, clearly tired daughter (as she woke up earlier than normal) in a timeout chair. She cranked up again, and my wife firmly told her to stop.

And she was quiet. And after her timeout, was a nice, civilized little girl.

And Elmo was eventually freed from the basement.

When my daughter is overly frustrated and starts acting out, she gets a timeout.

Frustration happens to us all in SC2, from failed YouTube uploads to the fourth TvP loss in a row. When was the last time you needed a timeout from SC2?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Constructive and encouraging words are welcome :) Trolling and elitist attitudes are not!

NOTE: If you are having problems with posting a comment, hit "Preview" instead of "Post Comment". I have "word verification" turned on to reduce spam comments, and in some cases, you will have to hit "Preview" to see this verification step. Thanks!