Welcome to my StarCraft blog! Here you can find casual and family-friendly posts and videos about my experiences and thoughts regarding the captivating world of competitive StarCraft 2 - as well as my adventures as a gamer dad!

Thursday, October 18, 2012

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Unboxing!

It took me some time, but I've finally uploaded my first unboxing video!

It's a bit delayed, but such is the life of a gamer dad with a newborn baby :)

I bought the game with my wife and 2 older kids the day after release (Wednesday Oct 10), recorded the unboxing Friday night (Oct 12), installed the game early Saturday morning (Oct 13), and edited and produced the video in the early morning yesterday (Wednesday Oct 17).

Besides my older son's birthday and party last Sunday (Oct 14), much of the delay has been due to playing MANY hours of the original game, X-COM: UFO Defense, with my baby boy - ok, and a some sleeping too :) He is quickly becoming my X-COM buddy, more than following in the SC2 footsteps of his older brother!

Now the funny thing is, I've yet to actually play the new game! But I'm hoping to record my first impressions live with my baby boy. I think it'll be a fun time, especially since our experience with the original game is very fresh in our minds!

Although I hope to do some more posts about the trip to Best Buy with the kids, my reflections on the original game, etc., I am still very much a StarCrafter!

X-COM is a really fun game, and I'm guessing XCOM will be too - but SC2 is a competitive sport! And as such, it has an appeal that a single-player game just can't capture.

I have produced the videos of the first 2 games of Season 7, and would have uploaded them, but I wanted to get the unboxing video up as soon as it was done. (There is a timeliness to the appeal of an unboxing video!)

I've some thoughts on my approach to my ladder games and competitive play - but that'll have to wait for the next blog post - time for me to sneak in some sleep while baby is sleeping and before everyone else in the house wakes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Constructive and encouraging words are welcome :) Trolling and elitist attitudes are not!

NOTE: If you are having problems with posting a comment, hit "Preview" instead of "Post Comment". I have "word verification" turned on to reduce spam comments, and in some cases, you will have to hit "Preview" to see this verification step. Thanks!